Dorgard SmartSound Fire Door Retainer - WhiteSmartSound-WH
Dorgard SmartSound Fire Door Retainer - White
Dorgard SmartSound is a wireless solution for legally holding open fire doors, automatically releasing them to close when a fire alarm sounds. SmartSound technology means the door units are not triggered by the noise of a vacuum cleaner.
- New SmartSound technology - not triggered by vacuum cleaners
- Three year expected battery life
- Carpet friendly - leaves no marks
- Can be fitted to any door
- No progamming, just fit and forget
- Installed in under 5 minutes
- Wireless technology — battery powered
- Fire doors can be held open at any angle
- Responds when alarm is activated
- As soon as alarm is activated, the plunger is released and the door will close
- Rest the supplied template on the floor and align the edge of the template with the edge of the door.
- Drill four holes as marked on the template using a 2.5mm drill bit.
- Secure Dorgard SmartSound to the door using the four black screws provided.
- Push the plunger down and manually release it by pushing the plunger towards the door 5 times within a minute. The Dorgard SmartSound will beep once confirming you have set the carpet safe feature.
- Sound your fire alarm to ensure the Dorgard SmartSound can hear it and closes the door fully.
To have Dorgard SmartSound release the door automatically at a particular time each day, insert the supplied black plastic screwdriver into the hole on the front cover (to the left of the label) and push the button.
Dorgard SmartSound will start beeping, and each beep represents an hour. For example, if you are installing the SmartSound at 11am and wish the door to release at 5pm each day, wait for the Dorgard to beep six times (to represent six hours) and press the button again. Dorgard SmartSound will then repeat the amount of beeps to confirm how many hours you have selected.
Once those hours have elapsed the Dorgard SmartSound will release the door at that time each day if the door is held open.Specifications:
- Works with heavy fire doors (up to 160kg and 1600mm width)
- Three-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Anti-drag technology — carpet friendly
- SmartSound audio filtering — won’t be triggered by background noise
- Simple LED status lights
- Power: Two x LR14 C-size batteries (included)
- Width: 195mm
- Height: 205mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Weight: 700g
- Casing: ABS plastic
- Suitable for up to 60-minute fire doors
- EN1155, EN1634, EMC Directive, Radio Equipment Directive, CE Marked
- Standard (category B) installations under BS7273-4 2015