Dorgard: Fire Door Retainer
Dorgard is a wireless fire door retainer that holds open fire doors and automatically closes on the sound of the fire alarm.
- Makes access easy
- No more struggling with heavy fire doors
- Closes automatically on the sound of the alarm
- Improves ventilation within a building
- No wires for an easy fit and maintenance
- Works with your existing alarm
- Can also be activated by radio signal if required
How Dorgard works
- Dorgard is powered by batteries
- Press down the plunger to hold the fire door open at any angle
- Dorgard continually listens out for the sound of the fire alarm
- Once the alarm sounds, Dorgard will release the plunger and the door will close
Dorgard can be installed in under 5 minutes.
- Position the fitting template against the bottom of the door
- Use the Dorgard fitting template to drill four holes in the fire door
- Screw Dorgard to the fire door using the four screws supplied
- Open the battery compartment and insert the batteries
- Push down the plunger to hold the door open
- Test your fire alarm and ensure Dorgard responds to the sound
Dorgard is CE marked and tested to all applicable British and European standards such as EN 1155. Dorgard is listed as a “Normal” category device under BS7273-4:2015.
- Overall height: 205mm
- Main casing height: 150mm
- Width: 195mm
- Depth: 45mm
- Packed kit weight: 950g
- Product only (including batteries): 700g
- Casing: ABS Plastic
- Power: 2 x 1.5v C size alkaline batteries (do not use rechargeable batteries)
- Expected battery life: 18 months
- Trigger: All fire alarms compliant within Europe and Internationally
Get your Dorgard Fire Door Retainer today!